Thursday, July 8, 2010

the most amazing boy I know

Every.single.day V amazes me. He learns so much each day and I can just see him figuring things out. He is always surprising me with the things he can do. He goes to the bathroom all on his own now. Like everything. He goes, wipes, flushes, washes all on his own. He has been helping wash his hair in the shower and does a really good job. He is sleeping in a big boy bed (he looks so small in that big bed!). He is growing so fast and doing so much and it just amazes me each day.

Every time we have to change something I get scared. I was afraid to stop nursing him but he stopped on his own and never looked back.

I was terrified of potty learning, but one day I told him we weren't wearing diapers anymore and that was that. I could count the number of accidents he had on one hand and even those were when we were on vacation and he fell asleep in the car on the long drive.

Putting him in a bed scared the crap out of me. I was sure he would be up all night playing or roaming through the house, but nope. The first night he stayed in his bed and has since!

I am so proud of him. He is growing up to be such a cool person and I can't believe I get to be his mama.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Momma and V! It's funny how scared we are it's us that have the hardest time dealing with change.

    ReplyDelete