Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Today my baby in one. ONE! I have been really sad about this day coming all week, but last night I decided that I am not going to be sad. Really, this is a day to celebrate and while my baby is growing up and that is sad for me in a lot of ways, it is also really exciting! I don't want to look back on her birthday and remember being sad. I want to celebrate!



Plus, this is the first birthday that I can look back on the birth of my child and really smile. M gave me a gift a year ago and I can only hope that she will someday be able to understand what her birth has done for me as a mama, a wife, and a woman.



Today is a day for celebrating and I want to celebrate my husband because without him, I of course wouldn't have the two most amazing kids in the universe, but I also wouldn't be able to look back one year and smile like I can today. I also want to celebrate three of the coolest ladies I know, T, A, and M. Without their support through my pregnancy and birth and just in life in general there is no way I would where I am today.



And, mostly importantly, M. Thank you so much for choosing me to be your mama. Thank you so much for having a smile that melts my heart instantly. Thank you so much for having an infectious laugh. Thank you so much for just being you, I love you so much!

Happy Birthday, Baby!

3 comments:

  1. You know, if you're sad she's growing up you can always have another ;-) You have a beautiful family and I hope M's birthday was a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love hearing her birth story and picturing her coming out with her hand on her face. Congrats and happy birthday M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope M had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete